Monday 9 May 2011

Ludum Dare 20, House of Dangerous Kittens

Ludum dare is a speed game development contest. This years theme was "It's dangerous to go alone take this", referring to an old Zelda game quote, as well as the more recent internet meme.

If you've seen the meme, I think you'll understand the motivations behind my entry*:


"House Of Dangerous Kittens"


NOM NOM NOM

Basically you have to survive as long as possible against hordes of evil kittens. That's about as far as I got, but it makes for an okay demo.

I'm tempted to work on it further, it could be quite a fun game.

Technical things about H.O.D.K.:

  • Written in C

  • Uses SDL

  • Compiles under windows and GNU/Linux

  • Kittens eat you alive



* Actually I entered the 72 hour 'jam', rather than the 48 hour contest. It meant I could drink beer. Wayhey!

No comments:

Post a Comment